ABOUT THE MISSION:
Roy Maas Youth Alternatives-MeadowLand campus, Boerne is a long-term residential treatment facility for boys and girls whose lives have been scarred by abuse, parental desertion, family strain and emotional turmoil. Most of the children struggle with serious emotional and behavioral issues. Based on the principles of respect and responsibility, Meadowland is committed to providing a structured, consistent, loving environment for children in crisis.
Currey Creek serves the Maas Cabin (girls ages 6 to 17) and the Poston Cabin (boys ages 14 to 17) at Meadowland. Two teams from Currey Creek meet once a month for an hour and a half with the children. We share a meal, play games, make crafts and have devotional time. Currey Creek works to establish a loving, consistent presence on the campus by sharing the love of Christ and a message of hope with the boys and girls and staff that works with them.
HOW YOU CAN GET INVOLVED:
- Pray for residents and staff at MeadowLand
- Volunteers to support staff through staff appreciation brunch and notes of encouragement
- Volunteer on Currey Creek Team that meets monthly with kids at MeadowLand
- Donate socks, underwear and toiletries
- Volunteer for after-school tutoring
- Give to one-time financial donation requests for this ministry as they are accepted and promoted by the Board of Elders
For more information visit www.rmya.org.